Spring is here! Flowers are blooming and puffer coats are being shed everywhere as we come out of hibernation. While the air is fresh and putting a pep in our step now, before you know it, spring will soon turn to summer, and with summer comes intense heat (cue “Summer Nights” from GREASE).
Your air conditioner will be working overtime to keep your family comfortable and healthy. To help ensure your air conditioner is prepared for the soon-to-come escalating summer temperatures, it’s important that you have it inspected and tuned now…before it begins working overtime and nobody has room on their schedule for your emergency AC repair.
We promise you, having your air conditioner serviced before summer begins will be one of the smartest decisions you make for your home this year. What are the benefits?
- Avoid potential air-conditioner breakdowns. The worst feeling in the world is waking up in the middle of a sweltering night because your A/C stopped working. Tune-ups leave your A/C clean and working in the best condition possible, which drastically reduces the likelihood of breakdowns and expensive repairs.
- Stop small problems before they become BIG. You may think that your A/C is working fine because it’s pouring out cold air—however, that may not be the case. It may be struggling with some minor issues—issues that will only get worse over time. With a tune-up, these problems are identified and eliminated BEFORE they spiral into big, expensive, necessary repairs.
- Improve air-conditioner performance. Have you ever noticed that certain rooms may feel warmer than others? Often, that’s a direct result of your A/C not working properly. A properly tuned A/C should keep every room nice and comfortable—without hot and cold spots.
- Reduce utility bills. If your A/C isn’t regularly cleaned and tuned, it means vital components are dirty. When those components are dirty, they’re not able to work as efficiently. When your A/C isn’t working efficiently, it is wasting your hard-earned money! Tune-ups can help keep your utility bills lower all summer long.
- Add life to your air conditioner. If you have your A/C cleaned and tuned every year, it will work much more efficiently, which leads to lower utility bills— and helps your A/C last longer, reducing the need for you to replace it sooner than you need to. If you haven’t had your air conditioner tuned this year, now is a perfect time.
- Bonus Fact: Refrigerants are what make air conditioning possible. Contained within the coils of an air conditioner, these liquid agents cool and dehumidify indoor air. For years, the most common refrigerant used in air conditioning systems was R-22. Today, in response to growing environmental concerns, the production of systems using R-22 is being phased out. In its place, cooling systems are using chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant-since it doesn’t contain chlorine, it is considered ozone-friendly.