Hidden Danger in Your Indoor Air

You can’t see it, taste it, feel it or smell it – but carbon monoxide (CO) can cause a deadly illness if it ever leaks into your home through defective heating equipment.

CO is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that is produced any time a fuel source such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood or charcoal is burned. The poisonous gas can build up indoors, creating serious risks for people, especially children and pets who breathe it. And as the temperatures drop this season, a poorly maintained furnace could become a silent killer.

CO poisoning unfortunately claims hundreds of lives every year in the United States and makes thousands more sick. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are “flu-like” and include headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain and confusion, to name a few.

To keep your family safe, be sure to have your furnace inspected every year. Also, install battery-operated or battery back-up carbon monoxide detectors near every sleeping area in your home, and check them regularly to be sure they are functioning properly.

In addition to furnaces, carbon monoxide can also be produced by burning fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces and gas ranges. Gas ranges or ovens should never be used for heating. And also make sure to be very careful with the use of generators. Never operate a generator inside a home, basement or garage, or less than 20 feet from any window, door or vent.

Call us to give your furnace a safety check before the heating season begins. This is an important part of your annual tune-up that keeps your heating system operating safely, reliably and energy efficiently.

Get $25 Off the Best Service We Can Offer.

For your next heating and cooling system repair, we’d like to make things easier on your wallet. Clip this coupon for a $25 savings on your repair bill. Then call us, and we’ll give you our best service. Call Master Services, Inc. at 262-248-2103.